This week’s 5 Things is brought to you in part by Domino’s Pizza. They bring you pizza. That’s cool. It’s even better with Contactless Delivery right now. They do that. Find out. Go www.dominos.com . Get pizza. And more!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- If I could play any instrument I think I’d choose the banjo. I’ve never met anyone who could play the banjo that wasn’t an interesting person. Plus, I figure if you can play the banjo, you can always get work. Hee-Haw proved that, right?
- If you want to feel your age, look at your hands.
- Top 3 Lubbock bands from the last 40 years that no longer exist: 3. The Planets. 2. The Nelsons. 1. Elvis T. Busboy And The Texas Blues Butchers (96-06). *Editor’s Note. This topic is open for debate and the Editor welcomes all submissions.
- I have no doubt, none at all , that most of our parents, grandparents or great-grandparents would look at us a Candy-Asses for how we’re handling this coronavirus thing. The toilet paper hoarding alone would make most of them laugh in derision. Particularly if they grew up in West Texas from 1900-1938. Hi there, Sears Catalogue. . .
- The whole “Local News Anchors And Reporters Going LIVE From Home” is quite the show and PR thing right now. To me, its a sad and shameless play on the coronavirus as marketing ploy for media. There’s no reason TV and Radio folks can work at together in a safe manner right now. If a station is worried that much, no one should be there. No crew. No master control folks. No one. But to pander to the headlines and have some anchors at home, others on set and some out in the field… it’s PR and its sad. But then again, I just described the field I work in, I guess. . .