5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- If I were running a Texas High School football program, I’d get rid of the giant inflatable tunnel things and just have the team come onto the field through a great paper “buster” painted up and held by the cheerleaders. The lost art of the great weekly slogan is a sign of our declining culture. Of this, I have no doubt.
- I’ve always thought this to be true, and my wife confirmed this last week to me. . . The Andy Griffith Show was never as good in color as it was in black and white.
- Top 3 Foods That Are As Good Cold As They Are Hot: 1. Pizza. 2. Fried Chicken. 3. Whataburger #2 with cheese.
- Regardless of your politics, I think we can all agree that we should make it harder – not easier – for folks to vote. Stand in line at any grocery store or movie theater and look around. How many of those folks do you really want having a say in the direction of the country and issues that affect your life? How do we make it harder to vote? Simple, if you want to vote you have to be able to name at least 5 elected officials from your city, county or state. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. . .
- Three things I don’t believe in that puts me at odds with some friends and family? 1. Space Aliens. 2. JFK Conspiracy Theories. 3. That pumpkin pie is any good at all.