5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- I’m a man of simple pleasures. A batch of white t-shirts makes me happy. Throw in a new batch of tall tube socks I can wear with my boots and it’s a great week. Nothin’ worse than socks that aren’t tall enough for your boots . . .
- Amarillo always seems to be fascinated, to the point of obsession by some over what Lubbock is doing. Lubbock doesn’t care about Amarillo. Am told this started about 1905.
- Top 3 Steely Dan Songs: 3. My Old School. 2. Kid Charlemagne. 1. Deacon Blue.
- From now until October 15 may be the best weather of the year for Lubbock and the South Plains. Cool, crisp mornings, pleasant afternoons, warm enough to sit out in the evening before sunset and the wind is usually pretty docile. Just about perfect.
- It would be politically immoral and impractical for President Donald J. Trump to NOT submit a nominee to the U.S. Senate to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court. President Trump was elected by the American people to perform that duty and the same American public duly elected a Senate of the same party to exercise their role to advise and consent on this matter. There is no constitutional crisis here. Now, if there are only eight justices on the court come January 2021, you very well could have a constitutional crisis, and one no American wants to see play out.