5 Things We Know On A Sunday
Each Sunday we let y’all know what we’re thinking about and what we know. It’s brought to you in part by our great friends in Red River, New Mexico at Lifts West Hotel and Condominium. Give them a holler the next time you head to the mountains!
- Folks who are successful in business, who then end up on city councils or county commissioners courts would never run their businesses they way they run the government. If they did, they’d never have become successful in business. It’s easy to spend money when it ain’t your money. . .
- I’m not a big seafood guy, can’t claim to have sampled everything around the world, but if there’s anything better than great fried catfish with tartar sauce and hush puppies I’d like to know what it is.
- Don’t tell kids they can do anything they set their mind to. That’s not truthful. If your kid is 5’5″, can’t jump and can’t shoot; he’s not gonna get a scholarship to Texas Tech to play basketball. What you can do is tell them that if they set their mind to it they can be the best version of themselves, with their own unique talents. That leaves room for a lot of great things!
- I truly feel bad for people like Antonio Brown. I can’t imagine being as supremely talented as his is at doing something he supposedly loves in the game of football, gets exceedingly well paid for it – and yet is still one of the angriest and most unhappy people on the planet. What a waste. Then again, as they used to say around these parts, “some folks are just sorry people. . . ” Maybe its just that simple when it comes to Brown.
- If it weren’t for Texas country music, I don’t think I’d have found or enjoyed a single new musical artist or act over the last 20 years. Not sure when it happens to you, but at a certain point you find the music you like and you like it. I’m sure there have been a few new acts out there in rock or maybe whatever they call pop music today, but I ain’t heard of them.