5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- The high jump may be one of the most basic, pure forms of sporting events left. Think back centuries ago and a couple of guys sitting around, looking something. . . “How tall do you think that is? I don’t know – maybe as tall as Joe? OK, cool, I bet I can jump over it. I bet you five fish you can’t. Hold my grog and watch this.” For the record, Texas Tech’s Trey Culver is one of the greatest jumper-over-of-things-people to ever walk the planet. Saturday he finished just short of his third straight indoor high jump title clearing 7’6″. He can jump over the clearance sign at most drive-throughs. . . Tech fans need to understand how great this man is.
- I’ve heard every argument for and against “Daylight Saving Time” and I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t care. I enjoy it being light later in the day, I enjoy the sun coming up earlier on the clock in the morning. Take your pick, you still only get 24-hours a day to do your thing. Just tell me what time the race starts in Phoenix today and I’m good.
- What did people store photos in before shoe-boxes were invented?
- If we had a Selection Show for sandwiches, trying to pick the top seeds in a tournament, my top four seeds would be as follows: The Club Sandwich – strong on content, variety and taste. The Rueben Sandwich – at it’s best hard to beat. The Basic Ham & Cheese Sandwich – With just ham, sharp cheddar and mustard it’s a blue-collar sandwich with no goal other than feeding you. The BLT – So well known it only needs letters for the name, like Cher or Prince. Must be served with mayo on white bread lightly toasted. Early Vegas line has the Club as a slight favorite. . .
- Every year, early on, you’re excited to get out in the yard and start weeding it or cleaning up and getting it ready for Spring and the green days to come. You’re excited about the possibilities and how you can add some features to the yard and really do all the things you’ve wanted to. You even enjoy getting those weeds out in early March. . . by June those same weeds will make you say words you never want your kids to hear you say and you hate everything about being out in the sun trying to make the place look respectable! ( admit it, you know this is true )