5 Things We Know On Sunday
- I don’t know if this falls into the Unpopular Opinion category, but If I had to choose I’d take meat loaf over roast any day and twice on Sunday. Average meat loaf is better than the best roast. Great meat loaf is to be celebrated.
- Every T-shirt seller around West Texas should take out Tim Tadlock and Chris Beard for a nice steak dinner sometime soon and leave an envelope on the table for each of them with a very nice thank you for all the money those two men have generated for the economy.
- It’s gonna be fun this week with the coverage of Texas Tech Basketball at the Final Four in Minneapolis. Maybe by Saturday night the rest of the nation will realize we have a major airport, running water and even trees here around the Hubbaplex. . .
- For the life of me, I still don’t get it when folks complain about the cost of gas but no one blinks at paying eight dollars for a gallon of orange juice. Oranges literally grow on trees.
- I think Lubbock Police should pull over anyone they see use a turn signal or not cross a double yellow line at an intersection to dive into a Sonic, Chick-Fil-A or Taco Villa; and give them a prize or something for good driving. They wouldn’t get to do it more than twice a day, but it might catch on.