5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- I haven’t been on a plane since I came back from calling my final Lady Raider game in March of 2016. I don’t have any intentions of getting on one again any time soon and I make no apologies for that. America is much more interesting on the ground that over it. Someone else can have my seat . . . That and I haven’t had any lost luggage on any trips since then!
- Every now and then I wonder what my great-great ( or greater ) grandparents would be most amazed by in my house. The microwave? The flat-screen TV? Disposal? I’m leaving out computers and cell phones and just thinking of every day things that make life easier. For now I’m going with the remote control.
- One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year? The complete DVD set for WKRP in Cincinnati. I don’t “binge watch” stuff on Netflix or anything like that, who has time, but I assure you I will watch these episodes in order and soon. If you’ve worked in radio you know it’s not a sit-com, it’s a documentary.
- There are two kinds of people in Lubbock. Those who think EVERY intersection has double left-hand turn lanes and those who think there are NO double left-hand turn lanes.
- The Big 12 first played football as a conference in fall of 1996. Saturday, Patrick Mahomes became the first former Big 12 QB to win an NFL playoff game. In Kansas City. Where they hadn’t won a playoff game since before the Big 12 was created. I’m thinking the Texas Rangers might want to sign Mahomes, just because. You never know.