5 Things We Know On A Sunday – The Love God Gives Moms To Give
- My in-laws got us a really nice rain gauge a few Christmas’ back. I can’t wait to see if it works!
- I know kids still buy and collect baseball cards, but I don’t think it’s the same these days. I’m doubting many kids take the “doubles” or the player they really don’t like and use them on their bike to make it sound cool. If you’re a certain age, you know all about sticking a card into your bike spokes to make it sound like Evil Knieval. At least that’s what we thought it sounded like. . .
- I won’t lie. There are some Sunday mornings when I might be driving down the road listening to AC/DC when I feel a little guilty. After Thunderstruck is over I sometimes kick the station over to KFYO and listen to at least an equal amount of Preachin’ from whichever church ponied up the dough to buy some time. Sometimes it’s a 2:1 ratio in favor of the local preacher just to make sure. . .
- There’s nothing worse than knowing your way around a hospital . .
- Moms are special creations from God. Everyone of you reading this knows that. My own mother is a combination of strength and compassion that I still marvel at today. She is patient, kind and her love endures. My wife is the same way, both to her son and her wayward husband. I think she got that from her mom. I want to thank them for their love and what they mean to me.
I also want to take a moment to ask you to celebrate a wonderful, courageous, caring and gritty Mom in my friend Kim Dalby. She won her battle against a wicked and vicious cancer earlier this Mother’s Day. Cancer did not win. Love won. Our favorite Prizefighter found her Victory in God today, and we celebrate her life and her family. If you knew Kim, if you know her husband Mike and her children, you know that you saw the Love that God gives a Mother to give to others. I can think of no other Mother’s Day Gift greater than the embrace of the angels and our Savior after a fight well and hardily fought. God Bless you Kim and rest well.