5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Ham. Cheese. Bread. Is there a better combination? I don’t think so. You can add stuff, bake it, melt it do what you want, but at the end of the day….the Ham and Cheese Sandwich is probably the best. Everything else just builds off of it in some way. There’s a lesson in simplicity there for folks in business, politics and life in general.
- The smell of Wet Dog is God’s gentle reminder that no matter how much you spend on household cleaners and scents….He’ll still be able to create the most powerful odors you’ll never be able to combat using current legal forces in the United States Of America….
- Our boys growing up today are cheated. They’re cheated out of the daring, emotion-ridden moment of pushing the last button on the phone in order to dial-up that girl’s home in order to speak to her/ask her on a date/ get past her parents—and in general, have a “normal” conversation while everyone in the house knew what was going on! How many young men today will never know the challenge of getting to that last number, finger hovering over the phone . . .
- Education fix for Texas. Take 1/64th of the time we spend on mandatory testing and instead have kids watch “The Andy Griffith Show” or even “M*A*S*H” for the higher grades. They’ll learn more and their teachers will be able to instruct more than they are allowed to now having to deal with the garbage system currently in place.
- Admit it. You always wash you hands in a public bathroom when someone else is around. Otherwise, it’s 50-50 if you take the extra 20 seconds to make that happen.