5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- It’s a shame my son and his generation missed out on great album covers. As much as the music mattered, the album covers were works of art. In fact, a whole album was a work of art. From the cover, to the liner notes to the music. You listened to ”albums”. You listened to the songs in order. The albums were crafted in a certain way, designed to be listened to whole, the song order designed to create an overall experience created by the band and producers….Ya, today kids can download anything they want in mere seconds, get music track by track and skip what they don’t want. That’s progress. But it isn’t. This ain’t Old Man talkin’ here. This is Music Lover talkin’. We had it better. Fact.
- I’m convinced that most folks would rather be told they’re right by other folks than actually be right.
- Top 3 Places To Stop On Road From Lubbock To D-FW: #3. That new Ranchland gas station in Benjamin. Get the pimento cheese. My wife swears by it. #2. One-Stop Of Texas in Bridgeport. You gotta love a meat market with kolaches and a black horse out front with a Double T Logo on it. #1. T C’s Ponderosa BBQ in Dickens. If I have to explain that one, you don’t drive 114 enough.
- I’ve spent a lot of my professional career broadcasting and covering women’s college sports. I’d like to think I have a pretty good perspective on the achievements and growth of female athletes over the last 30-plus years. With that as context, and not having a girl-child I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have a daughter right now and watch what’s going on with the ”Lia” Thomas story in NCAA swimming. The NCAA is running promo spots in the men’s basketball tournament celebrating the achievement of women in sports and ”demanding” more coverage of women, all while allowing a man to win championships against women. That’s beyond messed up. It’s deliberately damaging to women’s sports and the NCAA must change it’s path. Those who support women’s athletics must be strong and speak out against this as well. Don’t be cowed by the woke media and others who say if you’re against Thomas you’re using a transgender-phobic dog-whistle. That’s not true. You know what’s right and fair and what’s not. Be true. Stand up for girls and women in sports. Don’t be afraid.
- I’ve never been to a great Mexican food place that didn’t have fantastic chips and salsa waiting for you right after you sat down. If you go somewhere and they don’t bring you chips and salsa, or at the very least offer it, politely explain that you have to leave and exit the restaurant as soon as you can. It won’t get any better if they can’t clear that basic level of Mexican Food Service. Trust me.