5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- A hotdog is not a sandwich. Do not be misled by false food doctrine. The apostate foodies are everywhere this time of year. A hotdog is a hotdog. In the same manner, a hamburger is a hamburger. It is what it is and is no other thing. By your own words you name it and know that it is true!
- I’m not sure which is less fun to move. . . a sleeper sofa or an unwieldy grill or smoker Actually, I do. At least with a grill or smoker you know that something good will come of it. As for a sleeper sofa, nothing good has ever come from that scoundrel piece of unwanted furniture. Thank you 1970s, for creating the least favorite sitting/sleeping piece of all-time.
- No matter how smart and mechanically inclined you think you are, putting new line on a weed-eater will nearly always frustrate and humble you. I think God created weed-eaters just for this purpose. There are many ways for weeds to be eliminated, so there really was no need for either the gas-powered or electric weed-eater other than to remind us Who is in charge.
- I love the fact that Lubbock continues to put on the “Largest Free 4th of July Festival In The Known Universe”, but you couldn’t pay me to go down there. Lest you think I’m a curmudgeon, at least I am consistent. I realized last summer that even Red River, New Mexico gets a little too crowded for my tastes on the July 4th holiday. Personally, I’d rather celebrate freedom with no traffic and open spaces. I’m pretty sure that’s what The Overmountain Men were fighting for.
- “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I do not do those things to other people and I require the same from them.” – J B Books, The Shootist. If we taught this in school from about first grade on, and then made it a condition for employment later in life I think we could solve a lot of problems in this world.