5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- I have three baseball gloves in my office. My catcher’s mitt from days gone by ( way gone ) my brother’s catcher’s mitt and one glove my son used in his amazingly short run with baseball (Turned to Football early) . If you don’t have any baseball gloves in your office or house, I’m not sure you should be allowed to vote in America. Seems fair. That said, if you have 5 fly-rods like I do, that will work too.
- Nearly every single problem and issue in America is self-inflicted in 2022. From the choices we’ve made as a country to the individual choices Americans have made in how they choose to live and what they value. Larry Winget was famous for his quote, “Your life is your own damn fault”. Same goes for America. The state of your country, is “Your own damn fault”. Best thing about that? You can change it.
- Top 3 TV Shows That Should Be Re-Done, Without Changing A Word From Original Scripts: No.3. Sanford And Son. Trust me. It works. No. 2. Moonlighting. With Cybill Sheppard and Bruce Willis. Great comedy writing. Not really that dated. Would translate today. No. 1. M*A*S*H. Set it in Afghanistan. Nothing changed. From Korea, to Vietnam, To Gulf War 1 and 2. Nothing changed.
- I got new socks and new white T-shirts this weekend. I’m not sure how old you have to be to appreciate the game-changing nature of that, but I hope you all live long enough to enjoy that simple thing in life. I’ve already numbered the socks, so we’re good to go for Monday. Treat yourself to something simple this week.
- Every young couple, before they get married, should do something important. Find out how they view loading a dishwasher, doing laundry, where dogs get to sleep and what temp the house is at night. If you can nail 3 out of 4 there, you’re gonna have a great marriage. And yes, there is a right way and a wrong way to load a dishwasher! 🙂