5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Overheard: When you go to thinking you’re all that, a really important person; just remember that the attendance at your funeral will largely be determined by the weather that day.
- Die Hard is not a Christmas movie but The Family Man with Nick Cage is.
- If I could ban one Christmas song from being played on radio and otherwise it would be “Rocking Around The Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee. I have my reasons. Bad in 1958. Bad today.
- I’m not a back-seat driver. I much prefer to sit up front where I can pretend like I’m hitting the brake pedal while my wife is driving. She loves it and it keeps our relationship fresh.
- Bourbon/Whisky snobs have replaced beer snobs who replaced the wine snobs about 20 years or so ago. I’m convinced none of them know what they’re talking about. For the record, Jim Beam is still rock-solid, Old Milwaukee ( Not Milwaukee’s Best – two totally different beers ) is a quality beer and if you paid more than 20 bucks for that bottle of wine you won’t be able to tell a difference in it or the 8 dollar table wine I’ll serve ya.