Brought to you in part by Premier Sportsplex and their multiple Lubbock locations. The Game Is On!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- It’s amazing how few things we make in the United States these days. At some point, if you don’t make anything, you won’t have the ability to buy anything; becoming share-croppers to the world. All of this is by design by the way. Decades upon decades of valuing an ”information economy” over a production economy. The education elites didn’t want their precious kids to get dirty. We devalued vocational education and job-skills. We did this to ourselves. One must ask why?
- It’s been rainy and cool these past few days in West Texas. My wife made the first ”fall soup” of the season Saturday, a cheesy hashbrown soup with smoked sausage. It was perfect. I love all seasons, but the fall into winter seems to be the best backdrop for great foods. That said, this house will be Pumpkin Spice Free!
- Top 3 Iconic/Most Identifiable Opening Chords-Notes In Rock And Roll History: No.3. “Honky Tonk Women” – The Rolling Stones. No. 2. ”Back In Black” – AC/DC. No.1 ”Smoke On The Water” – Deep Purple.
- Speaking of ”Smoke On The Water”, every high school band in the Great State of Texas should be required by law to play that and the Go-Gos ”We Got The Beat” every Friday night during football season.
- What does it say when dining out or just being in a public place that well-behaved children are more noticeable than Wildcat Kids going crazy and showing disrespect…