5 Things We Know On A Sunday
Hi there! It’s nice to be back. Won’t go into all the details, but now and again, technology gets the best of us. But not today! So, here’s what we know on a Sunday this week, brought to you in part by Dominos Pizza, Boot City in Lubbock and Lifts West in Red River, New Mexico!
- My wife just finished binge-watching Friday Night LIghts tv series. Glad it’s over. Brutal show. Hated it. Always thought it was way over the top and strayed so far from the book I couldn’t relate. I could relate to the book. I lived it. . . I gave her my copy of the book. Now she’ll have a glimpse into our life as the son of a West Texas High School Football Coach in the 1980s. So, what should she binge-watch now? I want Moonlighting but you can’t find it anywhere. Got any suggestions? I’m all ears. Mainly cause she watches and I just listen…
- I could start decorating for Christmas this week. Seriously. I’m gonna start sneaking some decorations in around the house and see if anyone notices. Why limit the fun of Christmas to just a six-week window? Oh, but the Thanksgiving Matters Crowd… They’ll freak out. Well, I can be thankful for Christmas. Plus, would you rather have gourds and turkeys hanging around or a fat man in a red suit who brings you cool stuff? The choice is yours. Also, I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie on DVR the other day and I make no apologies. Better than watching Texas Tech Football at Texas . . .
- Top 3 Songs From The 80s I’ll Sing Driving Down The Road In My Fairly Large Truck And Not Care Who Notices: #3. Duran Duran, “Rio”. #2. WHAM, “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”. #1. Frankie Goes To Hollywood, “Relax”. Now… what’s your Top 3?
- If the President can look you in the eye and tell you folks are “gonna pay” for doing something they didn’t do, that we know they didn’t do and we have proof they didn’t do… what else do you think he can make Americans “pay for”?
- Pumpkin Spice products are proof that we’ve gone astray and are being punished. Convince me otherwise. We all know that person at work or in your social circles who can’t get enough of the Pumpkin Spice thing. Admit it. They’re the first person at work you try to avoid each morning. They’re probably the same person who will loudly proclaim, “Somebody’s got a case of the Mondays!” When you don’t get excited about a 9:45 AM staff meeting to go over the latest TPS Report Cover Sheet memo. Happy Monday everyone! Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice!