Brought to you by Lifts West, Hotel And Condominium in Red River, New Mexico. There’s still snow on the mountain, but spring is coming! Make your plans to enjoy it in Red River!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Anytime you get freaked-out about the price of a gallon of gas, look at what it cost to get good pulp-free orange juice. Oranges literally grow on trees. Gas? You gotta wait for a bunch of T-Rexs to die, wait a few million years for them to become organic matter and then drill down and suck it out of the earth. Gas seems like a good deal compared to this orange juice scam. …
- Hogan’s Heroes is better than any show on prime time TV right now.
- Top 3 Animated Dogs: No. 3. Scooby. Not much on the crime-solving front and had no real skills we can tell; but if you needed a late-night snack – legal or otherwise – this was the dog you wanted by your side! No. 2. Underdog. ”There’s no need to fear, Underdog is here!” If you’re a kid of the 70s you get this one! No. 1. Snoopy. He fought the Bloody Red Barron, what more do you want from a dog? Although we all know, Snoopy never got him… leading to the quaffing of much root beer in French cafes. Snoopy. Top Dog!
- I’m not against kids having fun and having nice things, but I’m dead-serious when I say part of the problem these days with kids is that at age ten, they’ve got uniforms better than most of us ever had until high school or college. Want to put some sanity back in youth sports? Want to keep kids hungry and growing? Let them wear a t-shirt jersey with an ironed-on number and no name on the back. Let the kids have something to look forward to, instead of creating a mindset where they feel entitled to all the benefits that come with playing at the higher levels. I see uniforms today on kids that Texas Tech wouldn’t have done in the 80s and 90s. Let them be kids. Don’t try and dress them up like the player you hope they’ll become some day. … And save that money to pay for a tutor for the STAARs Test….
- Lubbock should bring back the Tornado Jam. And do it right. No half-measures. Put Joe Ely in charge, give him anything he wants and get out of the way. SXSW wouldn’t stand a chance if Lubbock really wanted to become music capitol of Texas. … Buffalo grass and Canyon Lakes be damned!