5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- There aren’t a lot of things I’m great at. In fact, the list is pretty short. I’m here to tell you right now though, that if carrying laundry from the dryer to the bed using only two-hands and good intentions were an Olympic sport; I’d have seven gold medals and you’d see my picture on cereal boxes. That’s a fact!
- Cranky Houston Astros fans, who don’t get why no one likes their team right now are some of my favorite people to analyze. They are a classic example of folks who have some desire to gain their identity from something they had nothing to do with and contributed zero to, other that watching some games, buying a shirt. It’s a sad commentary on our society that so many folks seem to have so little going on in their own lives that the react so virulently to criticism of “their team”.
- Top 3 Upset Wins All-Time: 3. North Carolina State over Houston to win the 1983 NCAA Basketball Championship. 2. U.S. Hockey over Russia in 1980 to advance to Gold Medal game against Finland. 1. George Washington over the United Kingdom in 1783.
- If you’re married, you can forget anything at the grocery store except for toilet paper. Paper towels are not a substitute. You will be going back. Pro-Tip! Don’t stop at the gas station/food mart either. Go all the way to the store and get the good stuff. Somehow, they know the difference . . .
- One of my favorite pair of boots is about plum wore-out. I may have to take a couple of days off later this week to overcome the loss.