5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- I’m pretty sure America was a better country when we could all come together on a Monday and talk about the latest Dukes of Hazzard episode and wonder why Uncle Jessie didn’t just shoot Boss Hogg and bury his body somewhere in a bog where no one would ever look. I’m just speculating here of course. . .
- Aqua Velva still smells better than nearly any cologne I’ve ever received as a gift.
- When I go to a Drive-Thru to place an order, the last thing I want to do is waste time listening to the young kid on the other side suggest what I should have. It’s not like I wandered into the Drive-Thru unsure of what I wanted. I have a plan, I’m in a hurry. Just say hello and let’s get this underway. And no, I don’t want any thing else. I would have told you that. When I was ordering. . .
- I’m gonna send out Christmas Cards this year that don’t have a picture of my family. While I enjoy getting those from some folks, what I really want to do is write a quick personal note on an old-school looking card. I figure you can see what we look like on Facebook or something. Let’s make Christmas Cards Great Again!
- Instead of Express Lanes, grocery stores should have lanes set-up exclusively for those with 500 items or more. It would work like a NASCAR pit-crew. There would be three checkers and about 5-7 sackers working on the deal. They don’t ask if you want paper or plastic or if you want stamps or ice. They just swarm in, get you taken care of and then you can try and remember where you parked your truck as you make awkward conversation with the 17-year old kid hauling your stuff out to your truck. This needs to happen!