5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- There is a rule. It is a hard and fast rule. A washing machine and or a dryer will never go out on a week-day. These wonderful creations will only cease operation on a weekend. They will also only cease doing what they were created to do when full with wet clothes. This is a rule. It will never be violated.
- The Cannonball Run was a great movie. Find me a movie made today with that much star power and that much horsepower! You can’t do it. Also, unlike a lot of things today, it was funny as hell. There was a time, folks weren’t afraid to have fun, even at their own expense. America needs a new Cannonball Run! The good news is that Terry Bradshaw can still get work.
- Top 3 Musical Duos All-Time: No. 3. Simon & Garfunkel. Would have ranked higher if Art and Paul could have gotten along better. Lot of great music left on the table by those two. No. 2. Daryl Hall & John Oates. I’m serious here. Go back and listen to the music. No.1. Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton. Royalty. Simply royalty. 13 albums together, a TV show and some epic fights and a break-up for the ages. The best.
- If you want to see the continued Demise of Decorum and respect in America, go to a high school or college graduation ceremony. The erosion of standards and expectation of behavior is exemplified in grand scale each Spring at these once respectful events. We tolerate it, so we shouldn’t be surprised. One more example though of how society continues to define down instead of up.
- Is there a more secure job than that of whoever is in charge of orange cones in the City of Lubbock? Each day, somebody wakes up in Lubbock, looks in the mirror, and then asks themself, “Where should be put the cones today?”. That person has job security for life.