Brought to you in part by The Shropshire Agency in Lubbock.
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Observe. That’s the word you’re looking for Monday. When it comes to Memorial Day, we observe the ”holiday”, not celebrate it. We can celebrate the men and women who laid the full measure of their devotion to country on the altar of freedom, but we Observe the day.
- I’m not saying it’s been hot the last few days in West Texas, but one of my dogs was chasing a jackrabbit the other afternoon and they were both walking. . .
- If Hot Dogs are the official food of summer, here ya go! TOP 3 Toppings For Hot Dogs: No. 3. Hot Italian peppers. No. 2. Pico de Gallo. No. 1. Sauerkraut.
- I had the privilege and honor of watching one of my nephews graduate high school this week. If you want to know how far public decorum has fallen in America over the years, go to a graduation ceremony. What used to be a solemn and respectful recognition of hard work and achievement with the graduates families respecting all in attendance has devolved into something between a pool party and pep rally. It’s fine to be excited and appreciative of your family member walking the stage. When you hoot and holler and honk air horns and cover up the next three names being announced, you’re just no class. Bring back public decorum.
- Went to dinner with my wife Saturday night to one of our favorite Mexican food places. Each time I go, I fully intend to get something different on the menu. Of course when the waiter asked what I wanted, my training kicked-in and I responded,”Big Grande”. (That’s right, it’s so big, it’s the Big Grande”) I told my wife on the way home no matter what next time she has to make me get something different. How many of us do the same thing? Not just at supper, but in life? Going to try and make it a priority this week to ”order something different” each day and change some things up. Don’t worry, I’ll love queso, hot wings, pizza and Mexican food. But at least I can try something new. Let us know how your week goes!