Brought to you by The Shropshire Agency in Lubbock. Independent, just like you and your West Texas business!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- It’s an amazingly sad commentary that we can’t find folks to ring the bell for the Salvation Army donation kettles during the Christmas season. I include myself in this equation. I’ve not manned a bell myself. That will have to change next year.
- NORAD’s Santa Tracker site is still the coolest thing I’ve seen over the past 15 years or so. I’ll say again that if this existed when I was 7 or 8 years old I would have never gone to sleep on Christmas Eve. There are rumors that that was the case anyhow. If you’ve got littles around the house and you’ve never used it, you’re missing out!
- Top 3 Christmas Movies: No. 3. The Family Man. “A glimpse”. Great and underrated movie. No. 2. Arthur Christmas. This has rocketed up my personal charts over the last several years. Each time I watch it a new layer gets peeled back. Great for kids and grown-ups alike. No. 1. It’s A Wonderful Life. If I have to explain it or justify it, you just don’t get it. Thank’s Clarence!
- If you’re of a certain age, you’re like me. You have years and years of Christmas Day photos with the Blue-Gray College All-Star Football Game on TV in the background of presents being opened or other goings on. Check your old photos. You know I’m right. I miss that game.
- It is proper and right to leave out Reindeer food on Christmas Eve. The Raiderland recommends carrots, apples and special Christmas Eve Reindeer Food – Magic Cookies. These are not fit for Santa Claus but only the reindeer. Must be sprinkled with special Christmas Eve sprinkles of your child’s choosing. And remember, Blitzen also enjoys peanut M&Ms, so leave two or three for him if you can.
One week out! Y’all get ready and enjoy the next few days. They go fast! – Hyatt