5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Jerry Clower never made a record you couldn’t play in church. If you’re still home-bound this week, play some Clower Power for you and the family. You’ll feel better. I think we can all relate to the story about noted tree-climber John Eubanks. Once treeing a nasty raccoon, as they scrapped and fought up in the branches of the tree, John hollered down to the guys below, ” Just shoot up here amongst us, one of us needs some relief!”. Right now, we all need some relief. Get some Clower in your life. You’ll thank me later.
- When you get right down to it, no one “did anything to you” if you’re an adult. You either allowed it to happen or you put yourself into a situation and a position where you couldn’t stop some one or some action from affecting you. When you embrace that concept, when you admit that your life is your own fault, it’s really a liberating moment. Make your life your own fault.
- Top 3 Jimmy Buffett songs all-time: 3. “He Went To Paris”. 2. “Coast of Carolina”. 1. “One Particular Harbor”. Ask me again next week and I can give you three different songs. . .
- My son can beat me in most near any video game out there now, including Madden, which I was never good at in the first place. . . I can still get an 8-Track cassette to cue up to exactly the right song I want to hear if I needed to though, so I’ve got that skill on him, right? That and I’m pretty sure if he had to use a pay-phone he’d be in trouble.
- There’s lot of folks out there that want to be in control, be elected, be in charge; right up to the point they have to actually do something that matters. All of a sudden, those folks start looking around for someone else to make a decision, to give “guidance” and “clarity”. That’s why I use the term “Leader” sparingly. There’s a difference between someone in charge and a Leader. Many of you folks are getting to see that up-close-and-personal right now. Keep that in mind the next time you look at folks to vote for. Of course these days, pickings are slim, so do the best you can.