Brought to you in part by The Shropshire Agency in Lubbock. As Independent as you and your West Texas Business!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Someone had to be the first person to eat a raw oyster. How hungry were they and what exactly had they run out of before they succumbed to the idea of eating said oyster?
- It’s a low-bar, but when all the tires match on my truck, I figure I’m living pretty good.
- Top 3 Lubbock Slogans : No. 3. The Giant Side Of Texas. No. 2. The Hub City. No.1. Lucky Me, I Live In Lubbock!
- Word is, Lubbock, Texas USA is struggling with teenagers violating curfew. No kidding? The best way to attack this is to make it punitive on the parents who obviously don’t care what their kids are up to. Hit them in the wallet. Put them in jail. Make them feel the pain. The kids are doing it because no one cares at home. Either make the parent(s) care or make it punitive to the teenager in what ever extreme punishment the law currently allows. Pretty much though, sorry parents raise sorry kids and if the kid is screwed-up by 16 or 17 these days, good luck changing their track in life. Still, it ain’t a kid-problem, it’s a parent problem.
- I haven’t forgotten and I never will. Nor should any American. Keep that fire burning in your heart each and every day just the way it burned on the night of 11, September 2001. It is a righteous fire worthy of those who lost their lives that day to people who hate us, hate America, hate our ideals and our freedoms. Those people are still out there. Every day. Never Forget.
I’m saddened to know, 21 years later, that currently, the people who hate America, hate our ideals, and hate our freedoms are running the country.
5 more things;
1. Someone had to be the first person to eat chicken fried steak. I really can’t think of anything negative to say, about that guy. We should ALL be so lucky.
2. It’s a a good day, when you see the Saturday scores, and notice that there’s no burnt orange or maroon with a W next to them.
3. I get great satisfaction, seeing Dana Holgorsen lose his temper, numerous times throughout a football game. Almost as much fun as seeing Kim Mulkey lose a game. Unfortunately…or, fortunately, depending on your perspective, Holgorsen losing his temper is/was more frequent.
5. I long for the return of the Americans we saw, on 9/12. I realize I don’t do much to help facilitate that return. Perhaps I can do more. I’ve got a lot of work to do.
We all have work to do.