5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- “Cool Hand Luke” eating 50 eggs was more impressive than anything Joey Chestnut has done. Fact.
- I am convinced of the fact that nearly everyone who moves away from West Texas has to justify to themselves NOT living in West Texas more than they have to justify to themselves living away from West Texas.
- Regarding #2. Every day, the City of Lubbock, Lubbock County and even the regional elected officials make it easier and easier for folks to justify leaving Lubbock and West Texas. From city ordinances to taxing policies, when you start to embrace the cultural, economic and governmental values of the rest of the state; with no real discernment between Austin and Lubbock… it will be easier for folks to justify leaving West Texas.
- If there was a better date place in Lubbock than Swenson’s Ice Cream Parlor I’d like to hear about it.
- The folks who disagree with me on #2 and #3…. never really liked Lubbock or West Texas in the first place. I get it. I do. Lubbock and West Texas is hard. But I’ll tell you this. It’s the “hard” that makes it special. If anyone could live here, if anyone could make this place home; it really wouldn’t be special. It would just be another place. Let’s not make Lubbock and Texas Tech and West Texas “just another place”. Let’s make it special.