5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- The decision by the NCAA to remove North Carolina State baseball from the college world series was the height of lunacy and typical of NGO’s and pointy-headed intellectuals every where. There is no reason NC St. should not have been allowed to play Vanderbilt Saturday. Science. Data. Everything backs up the idea that healthy young people, even those who may test positive for covid have an amazingly small chance of getting sick or passing it along to others. Now, with so many vaccinated, we can play the card that even if a few players are positive, if the rest are vaccinated; what’s the issue. Pure and simple, this CWS is now fraudulent going forward as Vanderbilt will have a pitching advantage over Mississippi State and did not “earn” the right to play for the title. Why are we even still testing these college players. Once again, the NCAA shows how out-of-touch it is with America and reality. I hope there are lawyers. Lots of lawyers lining up for NC St.
- No matter how good you think your brisket, ribs or other BBQ is, no matter how many times your friends tell you that you should open your own place… don’t do it. You’re BBQ really isn’t that good. Trust me. Now, as for my rib-eye steaks. Yes, better that you’ll get anywhere. Fact.
- Top 3 Things Lubbock Doesn’t Need: No. 3. California move-ins. No. 2. In-N-Out Burger. No. 1. Folks who drive down the turn-lane for 100-200 yards at a time trying to “merge” into traffic. That and those folks who cross double-yellow lines at intersections to get to a crappy Sonic or Taco Villa serving tomato wedges on tacos… Let’s grow up Lubbock!
- On a scale of 1-10, I’d rate Lubbock at a 5 when it comes to great steakhouses. There are several solid places to get a steak, no doubt. But, when it comes to a Destination Stake House , is there a place in Lubbock you’d tell The Cooking Channel they’d have to feature on The Best Thing I Ever Ate? I don’t think so. Why is it, that in the heart of ranching country, just down the road from some of the greatest ranches in the history of Texas… Lubbock doesn’t have a Destination Steak House? If you think Lubbock does, tell us here in the comment section.
- Life is too long not to have Christmas lights up/on around your house if you like them. Same thing goes for Christmas Movies. It’s about to be Christmas in July on The Hallmark Channel. I’ll be watching! From “Snow Bride” to “A Christmas Detour”, I’m ready to roll! Laugh all you want, you’re the only expert you’re screwing when it comes to not enjoying Christmas year around!