Brought to you in part by The Shropshire Agency in Lubbock. Independent just like West Texans, find out what they can do for you!
5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- Bold Prediction for late June, 2022. Arch Manning never plays a down for the University of Texas in football…
- John Grisham never wrote a better novel than The Firm. Sometimes you get it right the first time. He did. The movie is great, the novel is ten times better.
- Top 3 Snow Cone flavors: No. 3 Blue. No. 2. Purple. No. 1. Coors Light.
- My new driver’s license picture is in black and white. They say it’s because the new cards are so highly infused with great technology and encryption and whatnot. All I know is that in 1988, they managed to have my Texas Tech Student ID card photo in color. Progress, I suppose. That student ID card also got me cheap pizza. Waiting to see if my Texas D. L. will do that… progress, I suppose.
- When the 2nd American Civil War is written about years from now, historians will say the defacto beginning was June 24, 2022.
1. I predicted a problem at UT, with 2 huge egos competing for one position one position. UT fans quickly, and predictably informed me I was nuts. We shall see.
2. Being ADHD, I never really found myself getting deep into novels. I enjoyed Boys Life and Highlights, at the dentist’s office. That’s about all I could focus on. I know. I’m weird.
3. Never overlook Bahama Buck’s purple flavor “Gilligan’s Grape.” It’s been a while since I had shaved ice or a snow cone, but if they still have it… everyone should try it.
4. Driver’s licenses with b&w photos? I guess that’s fine. I want a return to an era that more resembles American patriotism, but I didn’t necessarily mean that far back.
5. June 24, 2022 is yet another step toward complete division. I don’t know if Civil War II will result yet…but I fear it’s on its way.
I think I look better in black and white…