5 Things We Know On A Sunday
- I’m not saying it’s been hot around West Texas the last few days, but Saturday afternoon I watched my dog chase a rabbit and they were both walking. So, how hot has it been where you call home!???
- Frozen popcorn shrimp and air fryers were created for each other. If I power ranked foods in an air fryer, popcorn shrimp would now be number one. Hot dogs are underrated. Don’t worry, I intend to continue my research.
- Top 3 Flavors of Summer: No.3 Coconut. The old coconut doesn’t do much for me most of the year. Maybe coconut fired shrimp but outside of that it’s a summer flavor. In particular it reminds me of swimming pools and swimming pools sno-cones. Working as a Life-Guard, I could have been paid in those things. No. 2. Watermelon. Could have easily been the Top Pick in this draft. From flavored drinks to the actual melon itself, watermelon is just ready to roll all summer. Eat it with a spoon, using liberal amounts of salt. No.1. Shasta Cola. This is a personal one for me. When we would go on our extended family vacations in the summer as a kid we would load up the Country Squire/Pinto/Ford Fairmont/Chevy Suburban with all sorts of flavors of Shasta Colas. Black Cherry, Cream Soda, Strawberry, Root Beer. You name it. I’d try and hide my favorite flavors from my little brother and cousin. Nothing better than sitting on a cabin porch in the mountains eating a peanut butter and M&M cookie with a Shasta cola.
- Seems to me that if you’re gonna lead a coup in Russia, you might not want to tell the world you’re gonna lead a coup in Russia. I’m not an expert on Russian coups like I was on submersibles last week, but I’m learning.
- It’s still a big deal, obviously, but I’m more than over Lubbock’s 4th on Broadway. Maybe I just hate large gatherings and parades. ( I do ). Maybe it never really was as cool as it seemed in the early 1990s. But for the most part, I think it has Jumped The Shark. I know this probably isn’t a popular opinion, but that’s OK. I’m the only one who has to have it.